All dogs and cats (including ‘barn’ cats) are required by law to be vaccinated for rabies at 4 months of age. Dogs must also have tags and a valid license proving the vaccination. Hanover Animal Control makes it easy for people to get their pets vaccinated by holding two rabies drive-through clinics this month. Cost is $10 per dog or cat. Pay by cash or check only.
NOTE: Dates and locations could change!
Nov. 6, 2021 – 9 a.m. to 12 noon – Patrick Henry High School
Nov. 20, 2021 – 9 a.m. to 12 noon – County Administration Building,
7516 County Complex Rd., Hanover
INFORMATION FOR EACH DRIVE-THROUGH CLINIC
- Veterinarians will administer shots to the pet at your vehicle; DO NOT bring pets into the building! Keep all pets in your vehicle.
- Complete registration inside the building and return to your vehicle. Drive to area designated for vaccination.
- Only healthy, non-pregnant dogs and cats, to include barn cats, will be vaccinated.
- No wolf hybrids or other exotic animals will be vaccinated.
- Leave designated vaccination area as soon as you are done.
- Put rabies tags on dog’s collar and keep certificates for proof of vaccination.
For more information, call Hanover County Animal Control at 365-6485, or contact at www.hanovercounty.gov/172/Animal-Control.